Adult Faith Formation
Join us for Adult Faith Formation at St. James the Apostle Parish: Working toward "The New Evangelization"
All are welcome to attend any of the five (5) sessions of Adult Faith Formation this Fall. All sessions will take place in Doherty Hall and will begin at 7:30PM.
- Tuesday, September 23: The first session will present a Pastoral reading of the Emmaus account in Luke Chapter 24. Father Randy Soto* will share with us a Pastoral applicaiton of the passages of scripture. *Father Randy Soto, Professor of New Testament at Kenrick Seminary in St. Louis, Mo. Father Randy is an alumnus of our very own St. Joseph Seminary, class of 1991. He went on to obtain a Doctorate in Biblical Theology in Rome, which he finished in 2003. He has been with us on many occasions, doing Lectio Divina and bible studies. We are privileged to have Father Randy with us to offer these sessions.
- Tuesday, September 30: The second session is a question and answer format in Scripture, Catechism and Theology concerning the New Evangelization.
- Tuesday, October 7: The Seven Pillars of Catholic Spirituality are at the heart of Matthew Kelly's book Rediscovering Catholicism. Fr. Anthony Sorgie will explore and lead a discussion on Confession, Daily Prayer, The Mass, The Bible, Fasting, Spiritual Reading and the Rosary.
- Tuesday, October 14: True Christian Love as the Authentic Life of Faith: Fr. MacDonald will talk about the first part of Matthew Kelly's book Rediscovering Catholicism, within the context of the Vocation of Love as taught by the Church through the lives of the saints as showing the Authentic Life of Faith, especially as taught by Saint Thomas Aquinas, Saint Therese of Lisieux, and Pope Saint John Paul II. How the post-modern world challenges us from living the authentic life and how the saints will be discussed.
- Tuesday, October 21: Motherhood, Fatherhood, Family Life, and the New Evangelization - Fr. MacDonald will discuss the Church's teaching on the vocations to Motherhood, Fatherhood, and Family Life and how they show God's plan for humanity and reflect the love of Jesus for the Church. Practical insights on how to grow in holiness as a mother, father, and family in light of the challenges and changes of life in the world will also be discussed.
Please download a copy of this week's bulletin and help with the new evangelization by sharing with a neighbor or friend all of the many activities our parish has to offer.